This is another fantastic fall dinner. The flavor work great together adding an autumnal twist to a familiar favorite. You can use acorn squash or butternut squash for this recipe. Serve this over egg noodles.
Recipe: Acorn Squash Beef Stroganoff
Summary: Adapted from Bitchin’ Camero
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots -minced
- 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms – sliced
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbs Brandy
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth – low sodium
- 12 oz Acorn Squash – cubed
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Sweet Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg – freshly ground
- 16 oz. Light Sour Cream
- 12 oz. Egg Noodles
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil. When it comes to a boil, salt it and add the noodles. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for about 5 minutes until the shallots become soft. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Cook until the beef is browned.
- Add in the brandy and broth and raise heat until it boils. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the butternut squash, salt, paprika, nutmeg and caraway seeds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover pot and cook for 10 – 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Add the noodles to the pot and stir and serve.