This an easy to make quick bread. It goes well with chicken stew, soup or on its own dipped in a little olive oil.
Recipe: Rosemary-Olive Oil Bread
Summary: Adapted from Joy of Cooking
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp – Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 8 oz. Milk
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8 x 4″ loaf pan with butter.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, rosemary and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and olive oil.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Fold together until just combined.
- Fill the loaf pan with the batter and bake about 40-45 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then continue to cool on a wire rack.