My kids love snacks. Call anything a “snack” and they are hooked. Everyday when my 6 year old gets home from school he can’t wait for his snack. He loves when I have something homemade and different for him. I love when that snack is a healthy one.Since this cookie is made with whole wheat flour, I feel good about it. And you just dump all the ingredients into the food processor and then just use a cookie scoop to scoop them onto the baking sheet, so it is a fantastic recipe for young cooks.
Recipe: Whole Wheat Scoop Cookies
Summary: Recipe from Joseph’s Grainery
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter – cold and cut in chunks
- 1 tsp Vanilla 1 Egg Yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor put the flours, sugar and salt and pulse a couple times to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is just crumbly.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla and pulse until just combined.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet using a small cooking scoop. Bake 17 -18 minutes and cool on a wire rack.