Recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9×13 baking pan.
- With an electric mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin puree until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, mace and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Recipe: Gingered Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- Mix in the vanilla and ginger.
- Spread or pipe decoratively on cooled bars.
- Sprinkle bars with orange sanding sugar if desired.
Leave a Comment