This is simple light salad goes well with Thai food. The colors of the carrot and cucumber make it very attractive. It would have been enhanced with the addition of Black Sesame Seeds. I used shredded carrots because I had them. You can also use a whole peeled carrot and make “ribbons” by running your peel down the length of the carrot.
Recipe: Cucumber-Carrot Ribbon Salad
- 1 English Cucumber (or you can seed a regular cucumber) – peeled
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Scallion – chopped
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs Sugar
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Create cucumber ribbons by running the peeler along the length of the cucumber.
- Gently toss cucumber ribbons, carrots, scallions and red pepper in a bowl.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to combine.