Last night I peered in the fridge trying to decide upon what to make for dinner. I had split chicken breasts, so I pulled some veggies and herbs out of the fridge and came up with this Chicken in Wine Sauce dish. It was simple to prepare, juicy and flavorful. I served it alongside couscous that I prepared with Chicken Broth instead of water and added in some parsley when I fluffed it at the end.
Recipe: Chicken in White Wine Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 split chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ a red onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 9 crimini mushrooms – sliced in half
- 2 large red potatoes – chopped in large chunks
- 2 cups white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 stalks rosemary
- 1 lemon – cut in quarters
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides and remove to a plate.
- Add potatoes to boiling water and boil for about 8 minutes.
- Add red onion to the pan and saute for 4 minutes add in garlic cook 1 minute. Add in mushrooms and lightly brown.
- Pour in 2 cups white wine and boil for 1 minute add chicken back to pan with rosemary. Squeeze lemon halves on top adding them into pan when finished.
- Cover pot and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Uncover pot and continue cooking for 10 minutes.