It is August and that means peaches are in season. As has been become tradition for my son and I we headed out the orchard. The three of us my 6 year old son, my 3 year old daughter and I. We picked 12 lbs of peaches. We couldn’t resist the red raspberries dotting the edges of bushes along the peach trees. We came home with raspberries too (also in season). We picked white peaches and yellow peaches. Our taste test concluded that we enjoy a good yellow peach but we love white peaches! So with all this peachy goodness, what to make? It was a sweltering hot day at the orchard. One of my go to cocktails this summer has been Sangria. So why not a peach – raspberry sangria. Perfect on a hot night. Ideally you should refrigerate the sangria 8 hours or more before serving, but I did not have that kind of patience and drank it after 4 hours and it was still delicious.
Recipe: White Peach and Raspberry Sangria
- 3 White Peaches – chopped
- Handful of Raspberries
- 1 Lemon – juiced
- 1/2 Lemon – sliced
- 1 Orange – juiced 1/2 Orange – sliced
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 1/2 oz. Brandy
- 1 bottle of white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc with peach undertones, it’s what I had on hand.)
- In a large pitcher combine the peaches, raspberries, lemon slices, orange slices and sugar and gently stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add lemon and orange juices, wine, triple sec and brandy and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Using the wooden spoon place a few pieces of fruit in a wine glass, pour in the sangria 2/3 up the glass and top the rest of the way with the club soda.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: cocktail