These Butterscotch Slice and Bake cookies have been an absolute favorite of mine and my family’s for years. It is a simple cookie with a delicate flavor and great texture. The best part is that they couldn’t be easier. I always have all the ingredients in my pantry, I can make the dough in advance (it only takes a few minutes) and refrigerate or freeze it (depending on when I am planning to serve them).
Recipe: Butterscotch Slice and Bake Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- Beat butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and beat well. Mix in egg and and vanilla extract. Slowly beat in flour until a dough starts to form.
- On wax paper, roll into a log, 1″ in diameter. Wrap tightly in wax paper and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll log in granulated sugar and slice into 1/4″ thick rounds.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet about an inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool for a minute on baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.