For our final Rice Krispies Making Memories Challenge we were asked to create a recipe and treats that would bring moms and kids together around a holiday theme. I can’t believe we have come to our final challenge already. It was such a fun experience and I loved working with my Philly team! Unfortunately, I didn’t get to join them in person this time at Tara’s house ( I was home with my newborn). But as always they were very creative and did an amazing job.
The theme the Philly Team went with was Christmas Krispies Kountdown. The original recipe was for Gingerbread Spice Krispies Treats. The treats were cut into squares, decorated with assorted sprinkles, placed in ornament bags that were numbered up to 25 (for the days leading up to Christmas) and hung on a mini tree. Kiddies can then open a bag and enjoy a treat each day of December as they count down to Christmas. How fun!
And once again we are giving away a $100 Gift Card to a lucky winner. See the bottom of the post for details.
Recipe: Krispies Kountdown Gingerbread Spice Ornaments
- 1 stick (8 TBS) Butter
- 1 ¼ tsp Gingerbread Spice
- 1 package(about 40) + 10 regular Marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted colorful Sprinkles
- Plastic Bags, Bag Ties, Number Stickers, Small Ornaments
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat, stirring often.
- Stir in gingerbread spice and mix in marshmallows, stirring until completed melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in Rice Krispies until they are fully coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Turn out onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Cool and cut into small squares.
- Press on different colored sprinkles each square in a numbered bag.
- Tie with bag tie and loop small ornament around the top of the bag and hang on the tree.
*If you can’t find gingerbread spice, you can make your own: 1/2 cup cinnamon, 1/2 cup ground ginger, 1/4 cup allspice, 1/4 cup nutmeg, 1/4 cup ground cloves
Here’s how to WIN the $100 Bank Gift Card:
1) Leave a comment here telling me one of your family’s special holiday traditions.
2) For additional entries to win: Blog, Tweet, and/or Facebook a link to this post. Be sure to leave a comment here letting me know in separate entries.
Post this on Twitter or Facebook : Enter to win a $100 Gift Card via @cookingwithz http://bit.ly/tDhvrZ
4) Contest ends at midnight December 18, 2011. Winner will be randomly selected via Random.org .
Abbreviated Rules: No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 11/22/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 12/18/11. For complete Official Rules, go to ( http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/BloggerRulesHalloween.pdf ). Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com.
Disclosure: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by the makers of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal ®, TM, © 2011 Kellogg NA Co.
Additional participating blogs can be found listed on The Motherhood for more chances to win!