I have a lot of friends that have been going gluten free lately. If they are coming over, I like to make sure I have some gluten free options for them, especially with appetizers. Udi’s s gluten free products are great for this purpose. I recently experimented with their Plain gluten free bagels which are not only soft and chewy but also soy free, nut free and dairy free (if there are other allergies of which you need to be wary).
I made a tasty and very easy to assemble appetizer – Grape & Ricotta crostini using Udi’s Gluten Free Plain Bagels. They are a great combination of crispy, creamy and salty,sweet and take under 10 minutes to prepare. They make a great appetizer or snack for anytime of the day.
Separate bagels into halves and then cut each half into fourths.
Lighty brush bagels with olive oil and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
While bagels are toasting, mix together ricotta, sea salt and olive oil. Let bagels cool. Spread with ricotta mixture, sprinkle with rosemary, top with grapes, drizzle on balsamic and garnish with rosemary.
Recipe: Gluten Free Grape Ricotta Crostini
- 2 Udi’s Gluten Free Plain Bagels (separated in half and then each half cut in fourths)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (you can add more to taste if you like)
- 16-20 Red Grapes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 TBS fresh Rosemary,chopped plus some whole for garnish
- 1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush cut bagels with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While bagels are baking, in a small bowl, mix together ricotta with sea salt and a 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Let bagel crostini cool and then spread with ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary on top of ricotta. Top each bagel piece with 2 grape halves. Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with a sprig of rosemary