4/12/11 – Congrats to Tina M. from Florida our Giveaway winner.
Rice Krispie Treats just happen to be one of my favorite guilty pleasures and yes I have been known to devour an entire batch on my own. So how excited was I to be asked to be part of a Rice Krispies nationwide challenge. I am on Team Philly with 3 great Philly bloggers. This year we are going to complete 4 challenges. The first of which was this Easter challenge. And we had an absolute blast putting this together and devising our own Easter Rice Krispie Treat recipe – Cocoa Butter Krispie Treat Eggs. We created an entire Rice Krispie treat Easter display to showcase our goodies – including an Easter basket made from Rice Krispies. I love my crafty Philly Team! Oh and we each get to giveaway $100 Visa gift card (see below for details on how to enter).
A Rice Krispie Treat woven basket, a large Rice Krispie Treat wrapped Easter Basket and Rice Krispie Treat Flower Pops.
Recipe: Cocoa Butter Krispie Treat Eggs
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Mini -Marshmallows
- 3 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut, sweetened
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
Coating: pastel candy melts with speckles
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Mix in marshmallows until melted.
- Turn heat to low and stir in Cocoa Rice Krispies.
- Mix in coconut and butterscotch chips.
- Let cool slightly and mold into egg shapes and allow to set on a tray.
- Follow directions on the bag to microwave candy melts until melted.
- Dip each egg into the melted chocolate, whole or halfway.
- Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles and pipe with icing as desired.
These Eggs were incredibly yummy and so fun to make it. The kids would have a blast decorating them too!
Each of our blogs below are also running a $100 giveaway! Go visit and comment!
Please ‘like’ our Cocoa Butter Krispies entry on Facebook when it goes live April 13th!! This is a contest and we need your help to win it!
1) Leave a comment sharing your favorite Krispies Treat
2) Additional ways to win: Blog, Tweet, and/or Facebook a link to this post. Be sure to come back here leave separate comments below with links to your extra entries!
Post this on Twitter & Facebook: Win $100 Visa Gift Card from @CookingwithZ! http://goo.gl/lQ1iE #RiceKrispies
4) Contest ends at midnight April 11, 2011.
Winner will be randomly selected via Random.org .
Abbreviated Rules: No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 03/28/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 04/12/11. For complete Official Rules, go tohttp://web.mediacdt.com/docs/EasterGiveawayRules.pdf. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com.
View official rules here:http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/EasterGiveawayRules.pdf
Disclosure: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by the makers of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal ®, TM, © 2011 Kellogg NA Co.
Be sure to check out the amazing video Joey made: