Although I refuse to make the “I’m going to lose weight” resolution each year, I find myself trying to eat healthier in January. This is probably due to the massive calorie holiday meals I’ve consumed, and the upcoming bathing suit season looming in the not-so-distant future. I went to a restaurant with friends recently and we had fried kale, which was surprisingly delicious. I have been making this baked version to snack on.
RECIPE: Crispy Kale
- 3 cups kale (leaves washed, dried, torn into pieces, and stems removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I use plain, but it would also be delicious with a flavored variety too!)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss kale leaves with olive oil.
- Place prepared kale leaves in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the leaves are crispy and slightly browned. Enjoy as a snack or side dish.