This is a great side dish. It’s healthy, it’s tasty and it’s easy. Everything you could ask for. To save time, you can buy the coleslaw mix for the cabbage.
Recipe: Steamed Cabbage & Veggies
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbs Sugar
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium sized saucepan, layer from bottom up, carrots, celery, onion and cabbage.
- Combine hot water, oil and sugar and pour over top.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 – 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and water has evaporated.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve.