I used to feel that making mashed potatoes was too much of a process for a quick dinner. But I love this quick way of making smashed potatoes. It’s one pot and super easy and quick. It only takes about 15 minutes.
Recipe: Sour Cream & Chive Smashed Potatoes
- 4 Red Potatoes
- 2 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbs Chives, chopped
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Place in a pot and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes (until potatoes are tender). Drain water from pot.
- Add in milk and butter and mash with a potato masher.
- Add in sour cream and mash a little more.
- Add chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve hot.