It feels like it became winter overnight! It’s the perfect time of year to try out some new soup recipes. This one is fast and easy and the kids love it. I usually serve this with a salad and some crusty Italian bread and dinner is done! To make it a bit healthier, you can use 2% shredded cheddar/MontereyJack blend, and 1% milk.
Recipe: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 rib of celery, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 4 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups of milk mixed with 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Bring the first 8 ingredients to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk milk/flour mixture into saucepan.
- Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Simmer uncovered 5-8 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with scallions or chives if desired.
This post was written by Stefanie. Stefanie loves to cook and finds it to be the most relaxing part of her day. She enjoy finding recipes and creating her own, that are easy and quick, but with complex flavors and interesting ingredients. She believes that you do not have to sacrifice a gourmet meal just because you need to get it on the table fast. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” (Mary Lou Cook, activist and author)