This has become one of my go-to appetizers since it is simple, fresh, and delicious. The red tomatoes and green basil make it perfect for the holidays. It can be prepared the night before and it can be served at room temperature, which makes it easy to bring for a potluck dinner as well.
Recipe: Roasted Grape Tomato Bruschetta
Summary: Adapted from Live, Laugh, Cook by Susan DiBonaventura
- 2 pints Grape Tomatoes, rinsed
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Shallot or Onion
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I use an herb flavored oil, but plain works fine too)
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the first 6 ingredients together.
- Put in an baking dish. Roast uncovered for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes pop.
- Be sure to stir once or twice during cooking.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Stir in Parmesan and basil.
- Serve with bread rounds.
This post was submitted by Stefanie S.