She was making a twice-baked Mashed Potato recipe that looked delicious. I only caught the second half of the segment and I couldn’t find her recipe online after the show as over; so I took some creative liberties and this is what I came up with. Everyone loved it!
Mashed potatoes are a staple recipe during the holidays and making this twice baked with the addition of the breadcrumbs and cheese gave a nice crunch and change to the usual recipe.
Recipe: Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes
- Bag of Idaho Potatoes
- Whole Milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese
- store-bought breadcrumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- Peel the potatoes. Put in big pot and boil until soft.
- Mash up the potatoes.
- Melt the stick of butter, add to mashed potatoes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup of whole milk. Mix together, put in a buttered baking dish.
- At this point you can either put it in the fridge to bake later. If baking now, preheat the oven to 350.
- Top the casserole with 1/2-1 cup of breadcrumbs (until entire casserole is covered)
- Add the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese melts on top and the center of the casserole is hot. Serve warm and enjoy!