On Saturday we had take-out Mexican for dinner on the patio with good friends. The perfect compliment to this was fresh fruity margaritas. I of course still had peaches so I made peach margaritas. But I have made this same recipe using strawberries. You can really substitute any fruit you prefer or have on hand.
Recipe: Fresh Fruit Margaritas with Lime Salt
- 8 oz. Lime Juice – freshly squeezed (about 4-5 limes)
- 8 oz. Triple Sec
- 16 oz. Tequila
- 2 Peaches – peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 Lime – zested
- 1/4 cup Margarita Salt or Kosher Salt
- In a large pitcher combine fresh lime juice, triple sec and tequila. Set aside.
- In a blender puree peaches and simple syrup. Add to pitcher.
- Combine lime zest and salt in bowl and spread on a plate. Rim a margarita glass with a lime wedge, dip in lime salt, fill glass with ice and pour in fruity margarita.
You can make a few different fruit purees and offer them on the side of the base margarita mixture for a small margarita bar.
Substitute peaches for any other fresh fruit.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: cocktail