Recipe: Apple Sangria
Adapted from Cooking Light September 2010
- 3 1/2 cups Apples – chopped (recommended: Honeycrisp)
- 1/2 cup Apple Brandy (recommended: Lairds)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Naval Orange – quartered
- 4 Cloves – whole
- 2 large Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 slices Fresh Ginger – peeled and sliced in 1/4″ pieces
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Red Wine
- Club Soda
- Combine apples, brandy, honey, orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, ginger and red wine in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Strain into another pitcher.
- Put ice into a wine glass, fill 2/3 of the way up with Sangria and top with club soda.
- Garnish with an apple slice.