Lunch. What to have? I actually dragged myself to the gym today so I am trying for something healthy. One of my favorite lunches is soup. It’s healthy and satisfying and yummy. I have an abundance of cucumbers in the fridge and half an avocado. So Cucumber Avocado Soup it is! Creamy, chilled, delicious and ready in minutes.
Recipe: Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 3 Cucumbers – seeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Avocado – chopped
- 2 tbs Dill or Cilantro – chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 8 oz Plain Yogurt non-fat
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and seed them. The easiest way to seed a cucumber is to run a spoon down the center and scoop the seeds out.
- Throw the chopped cucumbers, chopped avocado, dill, cumin, yogurt, a 1/4 cup chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste into the food processor. Pulse it until smooth.
- Add in more chicken broth until you achieve your desired consistency and pulse to combine.
- Garnish and serve or chill.
- To garnish top with a sprig of dill or some finely diced cucumber.